The basic braid seems simple, but is the foundation for every other braid, even fancy ones like the French braid and the waterfall braid.
What you needEdit
♥A friend ♥A hair band
(NOTE: it helps to do this on a friend before you try this on your own hair.)
1) Gather your friends hair in a ponytail on the back of her head, but don't tie it off with your hair band.
2) divide the ponytail into three even sections.
3) cross the left section over the center section, making it the new center section.
4) cross the right section over the center section, making it the new center section.
5) repeat steps 3 and 4 until the braid reaches the desired length.
4) tie it off with your hair band.
NOTE: keep hair pulled taught when braiding, it really helps.